Search The Uni-Verse-Is

Friday, April 9, 2010

Video Debut: The Dream - Love King

This is the official video for the 1st single, “Love King” off The Dream’s 3rd solo album of the same title. This song isn’t as catchy as some of his previous singles but its DEF grown on me after a couple of listens. I can see this being a spring anthem, a good joint to throw on and ride out to. I can’t even front, I own both of his previous albums, Love/Hate and Love vs. Money, and I’m diggin’ them both. The man is an extremely talented songwriter and producer (along with his production partner Tricky Stewart) who creates some incredibly inspiring music while dominating the charts.

As far as the video goes, I think it’s a pretty good use of green screen but it seems to be missing a some flair or flash. Now that the days of the over-the-top artist budgets are long gone, its cool to see what directors come up with to get the artists vision for the song across. There are some really cool scenes in this vid, but it does start to get kinda monotonous. Overall I think its a good video, check it out and tell me what you think

Oh and on a side-note, the artwork for the single is REDICULOUS! The water forming the crown and the heart from a splash is crazy nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment