Search The Uni-Verse-Is

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Logorama

Really nothing I can say will do this short film the justice it deserves but I'll try to give you some background. The name may be familiar to some of you who caught the Academy Awards, it won for best animated short. Its also been in both the Cannes and Sundance Film Festivals. For those that don’t know about Logorama though, basically it’s that DEAL.

It was created by a French animation collective called H5 and its done completely in cell shading. It is set in a world where everything is based on logos, from the characters to the vehicles to the buildings. We live in a world where everything is branded, even this blog that you’re on now [is a part of my Verse-Is brand]. We as a generation are marketed to more than any generation previous. This short film takes those brand logos you see in every day life and turns them into a cool story. I cant give away too much and I’m not doing it enough justice, so I’ll shut up and let you check it.


No comments:

Post a Comment