Search The Uni-Verse-Is

Friday, April 9, 2010

Retro Alert: Air Uptempo III & Air Pippen I



“And I'm a Nike head, I wear chains that excite the feds…”

Nas said it best on Halftime from Illmatic. I’m a sneaker head and there’s nothing anybody can do about it. With that said, I’m extremely geeked about the news that one of my most revered pair of Nike’s from the 90’s, the Air Max Uptempo III, is being retroed this year. One of my favorite players of ALL TIME, Scottie Pippen, used to rock these during the 96-97 season before he switched over to his own signature kicks, (with the same sole) the Air Pippen 1. Nike is showing Pip lots of love this year, retroing the Pippen 1’s and the Uptempo III’s. I have to say, of the two retros, I’m feeling the Uptempo III colorway WAY more. Check out both pairs below along with the original Nike commercial and a couple pics of the kicks in action.

It was also recently announced that Scottie will officially be recognized as a Hall of Famer next year. Shouts to Nicekicks for the info

Air Uptempo III

Air Pippen I

Nike's "Silent Assassin"commercial for the Air Scottie I

Scottie in the Air Pippen I's and MJ in the Air Jordan XII after the infamous "Flu Game"

Pip in the Air Pippen 1's driving past Jeff Hornacek in the Air Uptempo III's

No comments:

Post a Comment